Is Your Church Going Purpose Driven?
How Can You tell?
Is a hostile takeover being planned?
*Here is the Purpose Driven church “secret” church take over strategy. Published for select church leaders who cooperate with Rick Warrens Purpose Driven organization. If you belong to a Bible believing church, you may want to get this information into the hands of trusted church servants.
- In the past ten years a large percentage of churches in America, and in other countries have changed from a traditional New Testament church model to a contemporary Purpose Driven model, many with sorrowful results.
- Contrary to Purpose Driven Church propaganda, millions have been leaving their churches after the change occurred. It is important that every church member know if their church is targeted for a Purpose Driven Church takeover. Initially, a small clique of church staff, possibly including the pastor or a new pastor, plans the change without telling the rest of the church membership.
- Church Transitions, an associate of Saddleback Church in California, trains the clique initiating the change in eight published steps.The church membership is not to be informed of the transition until the fourth step. The church membership is not to be informed of the transition until the fourth step. After the sixth step in the process of change, if there are some in the church who voice concerns, the following is suggested:
- 1. Identify those who are resisting the changes;
- 2. Assess the effectiveness of their opposition;
- 3. Befriend those who are undecided about the changes;
- 4. Marginalize more persistent resisters;
- 5. Vilify those who stay and fight; and
- 6. Establish new rules that will silence all resistance.
- This means the church membership is not told until it is too late to make a difference. In other words, the church is stolen. Then the members either accept the changes, or leave the church, which they may have served and given to build.
- Dr. Rick Warren, author of “The Purpose Driven Church” and “The Purpose Driven Life” has boasted: “When you reveal the vision to the church, the old pillars are going to leave. But let them leave… they only hold things up.”
- Dr. Warren is right in one way. It is the senior members of the church who do indeed hold a church up and keep it from falling into apostasy. While some PDC initiators may not implement the full PDC format, generally, these are the signs that your church is targeted for a Purpose Driven Church format:
- 1. Change in music to a contemporary rock style.
- 2. Removal of hymn books; eliminating the choir.
- 3. Replacement of organ and piano with heavy metal instruments.
- 4. Repetitive singing of praise lyrics.
- 5. Dressing down to casual and informal attire.
- 6. Eliminating of business meetings, church committees, council of elders, board of deacons, etc.
- 7. The pastor, or a new leader with a few assistants, usually four, takes charge of all church business.
- 8. A repetitive 40-day Purpose Driven Church study program stressing psychological relationships with each other, the community, or the
- world, begins.
- 9. Funded budgeted programs are abandoned, or ignored, with ambiguous financial reports made.
- 10. Sunday morning, evening, and/or Wednesday prayer meetings are changed to other times; some may even be eliminated.
- 11. Sunday School teachers are moved to different classes, or replaced by new teachers more sympathetic with the changes being
- 12. The name “Sunday School” is dropped and classes are given new names.
- 13. Crosses and other traditional Christian symbols may be moved from both the inside and outside of the church buildings. The pulpit
- may also be removed.
- 14. In accordance with Dr. Warren’s instructions, new version Bibles are used; or only verses flashed on a screen are referenced during
- regular services.
- 15. Purpose Driven Church films, purchased from Saddleback, precede or are used during regular services.
- 16. The decor, including the carpets, may be changed to eliminate any resemblance to the former church.
- 17. The word “church” is often taken from the name of the church, and the church may be called a “campus”. Denominational names
- may also be removed.
- 18. An emphasis on more fun and party sessions for the youth.
- 19. Elimination of altar calls or salvation invitations at the close of the services.
- 20. The elimination of such words as “unsaved”, “lost”, “sin”, “Hell”, “Heaven” and other Gospel verities from the pastor’s messages.
- 21. The reclassification of the saved and lost to the “churched” and the “unchurched”.
- 22. The marginalizing, or ostracizing, of all who are not avid promoters of the new Purpose Driven Program.
- 23. Closed meetings between the pastor or chosen staff members without any reports made to the general membership.
- 24. Open hostility to members who do not openly embrace the new program, or who may have left for another church.
- What You Can Do
- If your church is in the initial stages of change (music or the first 40-day program), your church could be saved by talking with other church members, and with activist intervention by 10-20 percent of the membership. If nothing is done at this early stage, then by the time the program advances to step four, there is little that can be done except look for another church. Your church has been stolen and become a Purpose Driven entity in association with Saddleback Church of Orange County or Willow Creek of Chicago.
- You must educate yourself, and others, so that you can mobilize the membership to effectively resist. “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind” 2 Timothy 1:7.
- The Purpose Driven Church books and most of the programs are published by Rupert Murdoch, who owns 175 newspapers worldwide, and a large percentage of the television and communications industry. He also owns several magazines, some of which have been classified as pornographic.
- Billions of dollars pour into the Purpose Driven Church movement. Dr. Warren has stated he intends to send one billion Christians into the world to bring in the “Kingdom of Heaven”. The entire movement appears cultish.
- Don’t be fooled by the Saddleback Website. You don’t catch many fish unless you have a look-alike bait!
- Copied from printed pamphlet from: Southwest Radio Church Ministries, Box 100, Bethany, Oklahoma 73008, 1-800-652-1144, www.swrc.com 25 for $10 — 100 for $20
- For more-in-depth information: “The Dark Side of the Purpose Driven Church”, by N.W. Hutchings — 1 copy for your gift of $15.
- The Joseph Plan is not affiliated.
- May God Bless you and keep you safe from the evil one.
- Pastor Thomas Holm
- The ministry of the Joseph Plan
Rick Warren belongs to CFR and is very dangerous. A very attractive family member dated an attorney from Rick Warren’s church, who was in some position of influence. This young lady is on the narrow road and we have gotten attacked because of it. She dated this man who immediately began pushing her to have a baby with him. It was odd. He told her she’d never have to work that he made a lot of money and generally tried to lure her. She had an off feeling about him and did some checking into his background. What she found was unreal.
The lawyer’s former girlfriend put a webs up warning other women about the lawyer (This was valuable and others should do this if they are privy to important information/ warnings) The former girlfriend said that the lawyer immediately began pressuring HER to have a baby with him, telling her the same lies he told my family member.
The girlfriend said as soon as she gave birth to their son, the lawyer took her to court and got custody of their child to RAISE WITH HIS HOMOSEXUAL BOYFRIEND. He was using women as nothing more than baby-makers. It still makes me sick to my stomach even thinking about it. Not only that, my family member saw bald pictures of the lawyer that his former ‘girlfriend’ or rather ‘baby-producer’ put up on the website, showing that he was much older than he had tried to pass himself off as.
PLEASE DO NOT TRUST ANYTHING OR ANYONE WHO COMES OUT OF RICK WARREN’S CHURCH.
IF YOU HAVE INFORMATION OR WARNINGS ABOUT SOMEONE PLEASE DO AS THAT COURAGEOUS WOMAN DID AND PUT A WEBSITE UP NOT TO SLANDER BUT TO BE A WATCHMAN. SHE LOST HER CHILD – PART OF HER – TO THAT DEMON AND HER CHILD IS NOW BEING RAISED BY TWO MEN IN SIN.
Praise the Lord! I agree completely about the Apostasy being all around us. Sadly, so many churches today are adopting an entertainment approach to please the masses and the money coming in. Keep up the great work and please keep preaching the word about this! Lots of people are searching for the truth. They can feel that it is “feel good religion”.. Kind of like serving our Lord versus serving the sensual ways of man. I fell for this stuff for over two years at a mega church in Chicago. I even took Yoga classes in the same exact room I once attended a bible class in. Please keep spreading the word.
Please, please keep on, keeping on.
Your sister in Christ,